Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Dreams Coming True

Just about two years ago God placed a dream on my heart. Something I knew I couldn't ignore but something I couldn't see ever happening. He gave me a heart for children long before I had ever grown up. But last July he gave me a heart for a very special group of children. Children who had been used and abused and treated like garbage. He placed these kids on my heart and he told me to do something. To walk with him. Be faithful and reach these kids. Honestly... I laughed. I thought God was insane. I said no way. I said it was impossible. I thought to myself "How can I ever possibly reach out to these kids. Bring them hope, love, joy and love when I am so broken and so hurting and so hopeless myself?". Two years later the pieces are falling into place. I knew I didn't have the skills to go as big as God had told me I needed to but I also knew that if I took a step of faith and started small God would do the hard work. But still I did not know what that looked like. What was that first step? How was this going to happen. It started with just small posts once in a while. A post about human trafficking, a post about healing, a post about God's goodness and with each post God grew my audience just a little. Now as I dream big and pray about the future I can see God working in other ways. Opening other doors to bigger platforms and better opportunities. I can see where God is placing people in my life who inspire and push me forward. I can see him growing and stretching me to become the woman he created.  I can see the dream he placed in my heart starting to play out. Its coming together before my very eyes. Watch out folks. Here I am. Take this life as a sacrifice God. Use me, lead me, guide me, love me. Have your way with my life.  Lord help me to help these kids. That's been my prayer for two years now and finally it's happening. God is moving. He is doing something so much bigger than me. I only hope I make him proud to call me his daughter. In words and in deeds. Lord let my life honor you. And some day, let me be everything you have called me to be.